COVID-19 / Coronavirus and Major Group operations
At Major Group, we are actively monitoring the current situation and taking the necessary steps to limit the impact on our daily operations. The health and well-being of our employees, customers and partners is our priority. We have taken pro-active measures and actions to maintain the level of service you are used to receiving. Here are the measures put in place and revised daily, according to the guidelines announced by the Government agencies. Please contact us if you have any questions.
April 16, 2020
Dependence on technology during the pandemic
The work from home options put forward by many companies make sense in situations like this. At Major Group, we not only encourage work from home, but we also provide our employees with all the resources they need to be efficient and productive during this time:
- All the office equipment has been made available to employees for their home offices.
- A budget has been allocated for the acquisition of additional equipment, such as screen holders, portable tablets, office chairs, high-performance router to improve internet connection, and more.
- Mandatory breaks and holidays: a healthy work-life balance is the order of the day for all our employees
In addition to these resources, we provide additional services to our employees such as:
- In-person and remote babysitting service for employees with young children
- Group fitness sessions
- Occupational ergonomics specialists
- Webinars and various training courses
All of this allows us to continue to run at full throttle even in the current times, although a few modifications have been implemented to accommodate the current situation. Here are some examples:
- Insurance cards and warranty booklets: electronic versions only
- Customer and employee meetings: webinars (live or pre-recorded)
- Electronic signature procedure in effect
Every effort is made to continue to offer a personalized service to all our customers.
Please contact one of our team members if you have any questions. We will be happy to schedule a call or video conference.
March 24, 2020
As a result of the Government’s new guidelines, we would like to inform you that our operations are still in effect, however, our physical offices are closed as of Tuesday, March 24. All employees are currently working remotely, without exception. The service and claims teams are functional thanks to our telecommuting tools. Response times may be slightly affected, but rest assured that our service remains in effect and will continue to provide excellent service to all.
March 19, 2020
We have taken pro-active measures and actions to maintain the level of service you are used to receiving. Here are the measures put in place and revised daily, according to the guidelines announced by the Government agencies. We have established:
• Work from home options for the majority of employees
• Additional hygienic practices for all staff and our office locations
• The cancellation or postponement of non-essential meetings
• The addition of teleconferencing and video meetings
• Daily meetings of the management team to ensure timely decisions and relevant actions are made as the situation evolves
As of today, all regular operations are maintained. Although there may be some delays in our usual response times, please rest assured that our teams are working hard to continue our highest level of service.